Monday, March 20, 2006

Update on baby and mom...

19 weeks pregnant!
This morning I had another prenatal visit and to get the results from my ultrasound last monday!

To start, I have gained 4 pounds since my last visit, and she told me last month I should gain about a pound a week now, and well I did just that! Even though I am eating EVERYTHING, I am gaining weight nicely, not too much or little. My blood pressure is perfect like it was all pregnancy with Jonah. Baby sounds good, heartbeat at 138 :)
Then came my results from last week, they have found two things they want to monitor.
1st: My placenta has two spots where it has dettached from the wall of my uterus, this is seen often but if it continues to seperate this can pose a problem as the placenta is what nourishes the baby. It is called Placenta abruption and result in not carrying to term if severe and other issues depending on situation.
2nd: The baby is not circulating the spinal fluid as well as they want it to.
So for both of these things they have told me not to worry as they are seen often and aren't much of a problem, but of course I have already started to worry.
When I was pregnant with Jonah I had no big issues to face, and as a first time mom I feared bringing him into the real world where he can be hurt, I wanted to just keep him inside where I could protect him and keep him safe. Although today I am feeling out of control to protect this baby, I know it is not me and it has been God from the begginning. Even though I felt I controlled Jonah's safety in my womb I know I never really did. In 6 weeks I will be having another ultrasound (26 weeks pregnant) on May 3rd to follow-up on these 2 things. I will be back to the doctor before then on April 5th and 13th.

Please keep this baby in your prayers for everything to be normal and that my body will keep doing its job to nourish this baby. All for now in the baby department, but this is enough I think for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and baby. And please take it easy...don't do too much. It's so hard not to worry...I would be pretty worried too. But you are right...the baby is in God's hands. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

You're right! God is in control. Both Jeremy and I thought that we wouldn't conceive and just 3 months after our marriage, we did and we both know it was God's doing. Keep eating healthy and excersizing and God will do the rest.

Anonymous said...

I know it's hard not to worry even when they say it's nothing to worry about. But God will take care of things. Keeping you and baby in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

I am sure that the babes will be just fine Bethany :D It has to much love surrounding it!