Friday, March 03, 2006

17 weeks..

This week I began to feel the baby every day! I have thought at various times I have felt it, but it stopped as quickly as it started. This week I have officially felt it every day, it has been mostly at night when I first lay down in bed and I am quiet. I am too busy in the day right now to feel it when I am moving around because it is of course still so small and the feelings are just the bubbles in my bely, no big KICKS yet!
I started to feel Jonah at 20 weeks, and this one at 17 weeks! They say you feel it earlier in subsequent pregnancies because you know what you are trying to feel. I have also gained like 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks since my last doc appointment, The only good thing is Keith is noticing, or gaining that weight would feel useless! The baby is starting to reach up to my belly button, so things are moving along!
As I am writing this, it is snowing again! I want spring to come, and be warm enough to sit in the backyard and let the kids wear off ALL of their energy!
So, my ultrasound is in one week on monday, can't wait, except a little nervous about how the 3D one will look, baby has not fat deposits yet, it will be a little scrawny thing!
Till next time...
160 days till baby!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! It's so great when you can finally feel the baby moving. This baby is nuts! She kicks me in the ribs constantly and is pretty much moving around 24 hours a day. She has dedided to take residence on my right side and kick right under my right rib...ouch! The 3d ultrasound is strange but very cool! We were able to see Zoe's face and hands. Can't wait to hear about the ultrasound. Did you decide if you are finding out the sex of the baby? or are you going to wait for a surprise?

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome Beth, Ya for Baby. I totally understand you wanting the snow to go away but at least things are pretty.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the kicks to start because then Jeremy can share in the experiences. With a 3d ultrasound, wouldn't you HAVE to find out the sex?? I would think that there would be no way around that area...haha.

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth! I'm so glad you're doing well. Jonah is so handsome, and congratulations on your second miracle. Thanks for the comment on my blog - it has been a LONG time.

Anonymous said...

Just popping in to say hi:)Hope your doing well.