Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Decisions..

So I have been struggling with myself the last few weeks about whether or not I want to find out the sex of our baby this time. It seems like lots of people do find out these days, which is not why I would find out. I am always curious, I hate waiting for Christmas to open my presents. I wanted to know with Jonah but Keith did NOT want to so we didn't and it was our first. This time I want to know if we will be having the same sex and if I can use lots of what we already have but if it is the opposite I will have different stuff we will need, not just clothes but little accesories I would want, nothing too important to find out for mind you. My one fear is if they are wrong, because they can be, then it would be a big waste to find out. I have been feeling in the last little bit that I will keep it a surprise again. Because of course it isn't a matter of 'what' it is to finding out. Anyway, I just wanted to share my latest thoughts I have been having, if any of you want to share why you did or didn't find out or what you would/n't do if in this situation, feel free to share.
We will be having the ultrasound in 4 days and I am getting excited! I will post the pics we get next week!
17 weeks 5 days, 156 days to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On our second, we are going to find out for the same reason you suggested - to see wheather or not we have to buy a whole new wardrobe. For the first, it's nice having it be a surprise. Good luck making your decision.

Anonymous said...

Hi I found you through Miranda's blog. (Don't know if you would remember from music camp or not.) I did not find out with my son, he was my first and I loved the element of surprise. With the second though, in a way I wanted to know but I knew I would have been disappointed if I had found out earlier that it was a girl, I think I wouldn't have minded if I found out early that it could have been a boy. Anyways, we waited for the birth to find out and we did have a girl and it was so exciting and totally surprising because we, like a lot of other people, were convinced it was a boy. I am so happy we waited, there are so few good surprises in life and this is definetely the best. It would be nice to know for wardrobe, etc. reasons, but to each his own. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I found out the sex with Isabelle and I loved knowing. We found out the sex this time as well.

I am not one to wait and I am too curious anyways.

We told the ultrasound tech that we only wanted to know the sex of the baby if she was really sure she could tell. Both times the tech was POSITIVE that it was a girl. This last ultrasound was very clear and we got a good view.

Whatever you decide...it's your choice.