Friday, March 24, 2006

20 WEEKS..1/2 way there..

...140 days to go! I am now heading into the "back 9" as I like to call it. Now comes the most exciting part of being pregnant, in my experience. The first half is exciting the first time, but for the 2nd time it was quite boring and felt like it dragged on and on. This week has been very exciting, I started to feel the baby in week 17 but only light flutters, like bubbles inside. Since last friday it has been really thumping me. Around tuesday this week I started to notice it's sleeping patterns already! I hope this baby is as good with their sleeping as Jonah was when he was born, of course he was up in the night for the first 2 months or so, but by 8 weeks he slept through the night (9pm-4am), which was amazing! The baby seems to have quite an active awake time around 11am and then again at 3pm, it's been so great, I just sit and feel it or watch my belly to move. It's very slight movements on the outside but by easter I'm sure Keith and Jonah will be able to feel and see it too!
The lovely graphic picture above is 20 weeks or 5 months. You may wonder, how can you be 5 months and only 1/2 way, this is because pregnancy is actually 10 months (40 weeks), so at 36 weeks you are 9 months pregnant and on your due date you are 10 months pregnant, but people don't ever hear about the 10th month because the baby is born then.
Anyway, just a post about making it half way, I will be posting belly pics soon, I already had pics from 14,16,18 and 20 when preggo with Jonah, I am getting behind this time already. I will get a 20 week pic today, the 14, 16, and 18 week the first time was more significant because it was my first pregnancy, where as my muscles were more relaxed this time and my belly popped much sooner!
Preggo 20 weeks 140 days to go

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I am at 15 weeks and I have already felt the flutters. It's fun but I am looking forward to the real kicks. Jeremy is conviced this one is going to be a football player!

Anonymous said...

I agree that the first half sort of drags. Once the baby really starts growing and moving it gets even more exciting. I am so jealous that Jonah slept so well. Isabelle was a terrible baby and I am very worried that Zoe will be the same way. Isabelle did not sleep through the night til 9 months and it was only sometimes. She also was a screamer and hated the carseat. It was a tough first 6 months. I pray that you have another good baby.

Anonymous said...

It is really exciting feeling the baby move, I would sit for ever just watching my belly squirm. It is, however, easy to get behind on the pics thing, I took so many and did nice belly shots and everything with the first and took random pictures with the second when I remembered, mind you it definitely very often. As long as you have a couple to remember, you are doing all right.

Anonymous said...

Awww...that is great Bethany I am so happy for you :D

Anonymous said...

Hey, wait. Did you say "THEIR sleeping"?? Are you having twins? Or more?

Anonymous said...

Good to hear things are going so well. I love reading your updates!