Thursday, May 31, 2007

Self-Awareness



Logan sitting in the laundry basket, a new found play space. Sometimes you just have to find something as simple as a laundry basket when they are being fussy, this turned his mood right around!



My PRIDES & JOYS! Jonah is so loving, it is so great to be a spectator of his big brother protective love, let's hope it always stays that way!



Logan is now standing up to EVERYTHING! In his bed and especially the coffee table, which I need to find corner protectors for, wal-mart didn't have anything in the baby safety section, what's with that. If anyone knows where to find those clear corner protectors for furniture, let me know, thanks.



Outside playing, what a cutie! I blew up the pool yesterday for the kids, it is going to be a hot few days and well July is coming too!

As per my post title, my son Jonah is becoming quite self-aware, a new phase. I put shorts and an orange (boys) tank top on him, which he wore last summer with no fuss and this morning he complained that he didn't want to wear it because it made him look like a GIRL! I persisted that it was very hot today and that he looked very much like a boy, but man, last summer I could have dressed him in a pink dress and he wouldn't have noticed. All a part of growing up! He also told me and keith that a boy from church (remain nameless) doesn't LIKE HIM! We don't really know for sure, but that breaks a parents heart to think your child is becoming very vulnerable now to others opinions, and you want your child to always be liked but that will not always be the case :( My first born is joining the REAL HARSH world! It's okay buddy your mom & dad will ALWAYS love you and will be here for you no matter what!

3 comments:

Kirst said...

I think you can those protector things at toysr'us. I saw them in the baby catalog.

Tammy Williams said...

We didn't use anything on the corners of our furniture. Maya hit her head the first few times she stood up to the side of a piece of furniture and now she knows that it will hurt so she gently lets herself down to a sitting position. She's doing really well standing now and can even make a standing position against a wall that has nothing to grab onto. She balances without holding on to anything, but I don't think she realizes it...haha. She will probably be walking soon.

Sounds like Jonah is getting older and is starting to learn more about other people and the real world. Hopefully he can stay positive though and still have lots of fun.

Take care,
Tammy

Desiree said...

Oh the things to look forward to. And they start so young(self awareness)! Yay for Logan, he must love this independence. I tend to not like this stage, because of the bumps and bruises!