Monday, May 28, 2007

Anniversary & walk for MS



OUR TEAM: The Fighting Monkeys, our whole team raised $1270.00 to go towards Multiple Sclerosis research! My goal was $250 and I only had about $175 last week and I asked like gangbusters and I got a grand total of $645! I will need to raise my goal for next year for sure. Thank-You Thank-You Thank-You for everyone who sponsored me and my team! We also hope to expand our team for next year.
The boys had a nice walk with us around Rundle Park, there was fruit and yogurt before the race and after we had a hamburger and pop, all free, I was pleasantly surprised, as I have never done a walk for a cause before.
Here we are at the FINISH line, Logan fell asleep the last 10 minutes of the walk so he is in the stroller for this photo op.

Here is my fam and I on the ETS shuttle bus back to our car parked at the football stadium. Logan & Jonah got to sit on the bus seat in no car seat, good thing Jonah has never asked to not go in his car seat in our car, because he is 'allowed' to on the bus! Logan definitely liked the view too.

As for our anniversary on friday we went for dinner at west ed, old spaghetti factory (where we went the night we got engaged 7 years ago) and wandered the mall, I bought myself some clothes! Then we went to Spiderman 3 in the IMAX. We had a nice night. We decided for this year (because last year we got each other expensive gifts for 5 years) we wouldn't buy gifts for each other, we said if we saw something we wanted we could buy it. I bought some clothes and Keith bought some TV show "LOST" figures and a SUPERMAN hat. On Saturday night we had youth group at the church and he left it downstairs on top of a shelf and on sunday afternoon Barry, keith's dad stopped by to get it for him, it had been taken!! From the church basement, on a sunday morning, someone took it. He is quite choked as am I for him, it was kind of an anniversary gift. There are only sunday school kids down there on sunday mornings, we hope it may still turn up.

Have a great week, this coming weekend I am heading with Logan to Women's camp at Pine Lake. Jonah is having a father/son weekend with Keith. I am looking forward to no laundry and someone cooking all my meals!
Chow
If you can see little squares under the pictures that is because they were the pictures I posted with and then they disappeared again !!?? So I loaded the pics up again, hope everyone can see them.

4 comments:

sarah said...

I love the face logan is making in the last picture!

Chrissy and Brian said...

That is what I was going to comment about. It is such a cute face!

Kirst said...

It's like he is saying what the heck am I riding on. Glad to to hear you had a good night for your anniversary. And who steals from a church really come on.

BethJoy said...

Kirst: actually my dad had his car keys taken from his coat pocket (from a guy who walked in off the street though) and had their car stolen during ALPHA! But a hat in the basement you wouldn't think would dissapear from a saturday night to a sunday morning! he should have gone back that night but he thought it would still be there the next day!