Some of you may or may not know that I was diagnosed with MS 4 years ago in February 2003, which led us to start our family and getting pregnant with Jonah in April that year. On a daily basis you may not even be aware of what MS is doing to whoever is diagnosed with it. I have had a few major relapses involving feeling in my legs, and vision loss to name a few, but only then may you see the effects of this lifelong disease. I manage quite well, it has become a part of me and you get used to whatever you have to deal with on a daily basis.
My family is doing the walk with me this year, as well my mother and father-in-law and my dad as well. We will be collecting pledges but we hope not to ask to many of you that we all know multiple times, so don't worry about only pledging one of us, or none at all. The boys will be 'walking' with us but not collecting, but in the coming days don't be surprised if I or my husband ask if you would help me out by sponsoring us :) If you do not live here but read my blog and would like to help out we have a personal web page by the MS SOCIETY where you can place secure online pledges to help us reach our goal.
Thank-You for your support!!
The wedbsite address is:
https://msors.mssociety.ca/Walk2007/SponsorTeam.aspx?&PID=916422&L=2
Have a great sunny weekend!
2 comments:
When we did the walk down here the forecast was wet weather. Thankfully God made the sun shine and made the walk so much more enjoyable. As I walked around the river, I became so thankful for my ability to walk without pain. So many people walking beside us did not have that privelege as they were either using canes or wheelchairs. I will keep you, and my friend Christa, in my prayers.
Hi Beth...I read your site quite often, I get to it through Miranda's site. Your kids are adorable! I did not know that you have MS. My grandmother has MS and I have seen the effects of it on her, especially in the last 10 years. I have an enormous amount of respect for you...being a mother is hard enough, but being a mother and dealing with MS is amazing. Keep up your always positive outlook!
Post a Comment