Wednesday, April 25, 2007

nap time & milestones!


Yesterday Logan started CRAWLING! I am so excited as he will be able to play with much more now and not be frustrated watching his brother do so much around him. Last night he played and crawled on the floor while we watched American Idol, he usually would not want to do that and would insist on beiong in my lap with toys, but now that he is crawling he wanted to be down on the floor and he would laugh when he moved 2 or 3 steps away!!
Jonah has not been napping well at all the last little while but this week has been the worst, if he doesn't nap in the afternoon, by 6pm he is absolutely difficult to have any reasoning with. I let him read books but then he definitely won't even fall asleep for even 30 minutes. This picture of books above is what I come into daily, you'd think I put him in there for 8 hours, the amount he pulls out, he does not read them all, hehe! Logan has given up his morning nap this week, he has a good 3 hour nap in the afternoon, oh those were the good ol days when Jonah did the same but soon he will be off to school in a YEAR this september, he's growing up so fast, he may not need a nap but looking after 5 kids every day I sure do!
Today we went for a walk to wal-mart, I had to get some laundry soap and a few other things, I had 10 items (2 each of laundry soap and chair covers for the backyard) and I proceeded to go in the 8 items or less line with 5KIDS! The lady gave me a hard time and said to not do that again for I had 10 items not 8, the store was quite empty as it was 11am on wednesday morning! Can't you see I have a zoo of kids, give me a break, but I guess I was in the wrong for having 10 items in the 8 item only line!
Well have a great week,
CHOW
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Desiree said...

What an ignorant woman. Two items over is no big deal, sounds like someone is lazy and didn't want to do her job. Oh and you are a very brave woman walking to Wal-mart with five kids AND carrying all that stuff back.

Yay for Logan crawling, they always seem so much happier when they can move around on there own.

If my son doesn't nap he is the same way as Jonah. Some days he does nap and some days he doesn't, but we have now resorted to an early bedtime for both of the kids regardless. If they insist on getting up at 6:30 am then I insist on putting them to bed by 7:30pm!

Kirst said...

What's 2 more items? Maybe she was a bad mood. I hear you about the naps. Taylor still needs one once in a while. If she doesn't sleep she still has to have quiet time. And Quint sometimes will have a morning nap and a long afternoon nap. I love it.
Yeah for Logan crawling.

Lindsey said...

I can't believe the walmart lady. That's just ridiculous. I'm too lazy to use those checkouts. Are they better than the one's at Superstore, because i hate those!

Crawling babies is nice in some ways. Connor's been crawling for a few weeks now and it's nice that he can follow me around the house or come and get me when he's hungry (pulls on my pant leg, it's really cute) rather than holler from whatever toy he's stuck in. His latest thing is pulling up on everything which leads to a lot of bumps on the head - but it's the only way to learn! The second half of their first year is such a busy one!

BethJoy said...

Desiree: I had a double stroller so the stuff fit underneath. I have quite the train system though, I also bring a wagon for 2 or 3 depending on who is tired of walking and I have discovered a way to tie it on the handle of the double, so all I am doing is pushing the double, it's great. Except the incessant comments everywhere I turn!

Kirst: HOLLA for quiet time, he is in there no matter what every day!

Lindsey: there were 3 or 4 tills open and all empty but I figured I didn't have much stuff and the checkout was closer to the exit door, but she was quite ridiculous! That line made me laugh "or whatever toy he is stuck in" that's funny, he must have some big toys, if he can get stuck in them. Jonah was an early crawler like Connor, Logan put it off until just now (8.1/2 months), but I know some people don't like when there kid gets mobile, but I think it is much more fun then. I love when they really start exploring in that way.

RainbowBrite said...

That lady was just being silly. We have some girls like that at Superstore too! The way I figure is if it all fits on my till and it isn't a huge cart full of stuff then who cares. I am so happy to hear that Logan is crawling, last time I was over you could see taht he really really wanted to!

Lindsey said...

LOL, the stuck in toy thing - I meant like his excersaucer or his bouncy chair.. you know the stuff they get "stuck" in when they can't move.

Evey said...

Some people make too much out of silly things. Most cashiers could care less if you are a few items over, and never mind the morning on a weekday. Boy you are brave for lugging 5 kids to the grocery store.

I love the pic at the top of this post, whata cutie.

Dayna Curtis said...

Gabrielle is 2 years 3months old and still has a 2 1/2 hour nap in the afternoon. I'm DREADING when she stops them. Michael is just NOW starting to take long naps - he's six months old next week. He has been a cat napper up until now. I'm trying to get them both on the same schedule and this week they actually have been - both sleeping in the afternoon for a couple of hours and then down to bed at 9:30pm until 6:00am for Michael and 8:00am for Gabrielle. Michael isn't showing any signs of crawling yet - hates being on his stomach. Oh well - when he realizes he can get places by doing it, I'm sure he will love it!

Tammy Williams said...

Congrats to Logan on the crawling. Maya started crawling about a week after she turned 6 months. She is just 3 days away from turning 7 months now. She is even standing on her own and walking alongside the couch by herself. CRAZY!! I think she will be an early walker - EEK!

I can't imagine bringing that many kids with me to the store! You're brave!

BethJoy said...

She may walk early, but Jonah was like her and crawled right after he turned 6 months old too and was cruising furniture at 7 months but he didn't take his FIRST steps until he was 14 months old. It seemed like forever, but he was just content with crawling & cruising that walking wasn't a priority, he got where & what he wanted without actually walking!