Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Saturday

On Saturday we took Jonah to his first movie! We took him to see "Over the Hedge", he was free so that was nice! He'll be free until he turns 3 in January, so we may have to take advantage a few more times before then. He was GREAT! he had his popcorn and ice tea and got to sit in between mom and dad so he was happy! the last 10 minutes or so he came and sat on my lap, but I think he was getting tired too as it was past his normal nap time. We then went to Chuckee cheese for lunch, and Jonah got play some games and have pizza, it was a really nice FAMILY day. We didn't plan it that way but it just happened, it was so nice. I started to think about how it will be when we add #2 in the mix, it will be so different, we are just getting used to life with an older child & we are going to rewind and go back to baby time plus have a big boy too! I really want the baby to be here but I love what we can do with Jonah now that he is getting so big. We will just have to adjust again to the new dynamics, and it will be AWESOME!

On Monday, We went shopping and we bought a whole bunch of appliances, I got a BIG fridge with the freezer on the bottom, a smooth top convection stove (which is real good, seeing as at the home inspection today the stove they are leaving 2 of the 4 burners do not work!), never used a convection stove before but hear it cooks amazingly, so YAY! I also got a new High Efficiency front loading washer & dryer, it came with basically a year supply of "he sunlight detergent" and $1000 towards furniture at the brick, so we will be getting a new kitchen/dining table set once we move in! So we got quite a lot and it was fun. After that Keith and I took Jonah to my parents and we went to see a movie, when we came to pick Jonah up my parents had bought him a bike and helmet with knee pads. He looked so adorable with the bike helmet on!

Friday night and sunday night we watched the hockey game at Uncle B and Auntie Chrissy's, Jonah got to spend some great time with Auntie Sue and Uncle Steve who were up for the weekend! We are really looking forward to them moving here at the end of July and we will see them all the time!!

Well that was our long weekend in review. I took pictures around the new house today and may post some later.

12 days of work left till MAT LEAVE!!
28 weeks 4 days preggo 80 DAYS left.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering where Steve and Sue lived. Were they in Calgary? I had no idea. Perhaps THEY should have a blog too. Someone has to keep track of them...haha.

I am 23 weeks and 2 days preggo. I am still amazed when I think that the time is getting so close. Never before have I ever wanted the summer to pass to quickly.

Great to hear that you got new appliances. They sound supurb!

Anonymous said...

New appliances...lucky you! Sounds like everything is falling into place! I think Jonah will be excited at having the responsibility of being a "big brother" trying to help out mom & dad when his brother comes!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am jealous of your appliances. :)
I know what you mean about enjoying having an older child. Isabelle is getting to be so much fun now.

Only 80 days left! Wow it is going fast. You can Jonah should come over a playdate once you are on Mat leave.

Anonymous said...

Are you actually getting EI for Maternity Leave? I thought you couldn't apply for that until 8 weeks before your due date? Just curious because I may want to go early too!

Anonymous said...

You can apply up to 12 weeks prior to your date from what I understand. Having two brings a whole new element to life (without sounding too obvious) but mostly in a good way. I've enjoyed seeing a whole new side of Ethan watching him interact with his baby brother. It's cool. Good choices on the appliances.
We are sad to see Steve and Sue go. Even though we didn't hang out, I will miss seeing them on Sundays - Steve is so funny. I hope you are up to date on your Simpson's quotes and trivia!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had some great family time! That is so good and so important. I am so jealous of all of your new appliances. Mine aren't the newest but they still work so I guess that is what is important. Glad to hear everything is going well.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I am glad Jonah had fun and was good for his first movie experience.

Chris and I rent where we live right now but when we do buy a house I am so excited at getting all new appliances. Im excited for you:)