On Sunday we were going to go to the Calgary Zoo but it was raining, so we decided to drive out to Banff instead. On the highway out there the rain slowly turned into SNOW! We had a nice snowy/winter ride up Sulphur Mountain in the Gondola...
Here is my lovely self family portrait using the timer and balancing it on the back of the bench. Keith got a little scared having all 4 of us on ONE side of the gondola, but we all survived!
I'm very happy that it turned out and we didn't have to buy the $20 one they take for you at the top before coming down and try to convince you to buy at the bottom.
On Sunday we went to the Zoo, it was sunny (a little cool in the morning) and not too busy first thing in the day! We saw lots of animlas and left after lunch to head home. It was a great weekend!
4 comments:
We still haven't taken the kids to Calaway park. I'm not sure how many rides Quinten could go on. HE's still pretty short. Glad to see you had fun.
SNOW...eek! Cold too? Hope you were all prepared! You know, I lived in Calgary for about 10 years (off and on), and I have yet to go to Calaway Park. Crazy huh?!
It actually wasn't that cold, it was about -1, but enough to turn the rain to snow! The boys only had rain jackets and sweaters so they wore both that day. I only had a sweater, but it was long and warm. The people at the Gondola gave me a winter coat to wear up because I was carrying Logan and they worried about the 'baby Logan', so that was nice of them. I actually didn't need it, it made me too hot and I ended up carrying it around. We didn't walk outside at all because it wasn't open for very far anyway.
Calaway Park isn't too fancy but fun for the young kids, It's not too big for us to do with them and get too exhausted!
That is so weird. I was also at the Calgary Zoo that day. Me and my friend drove out there for the football game that was on the monday.
Nicole
Post a Comment