
I am getting very excited! Keith and I will be going to New York in November, WITHOUT THE KIDS!! In 45 days we will be leaving. We fly to Toronto and 'pick up' Rob (Keith's brother for those of you who don't know) and then the 3 of us fly to New York for 8 days. I am so pumped, it will be a nice last trip away before our family gets any bigger! We are trying for OUR 3rd and LAST :( My hope is to have this last baby be closer to 3 years apart from Logan which he will be in August'09 (than 2.5 like Jonah & Logan are). We have no idea how fast it will happen again, it has happened very fast for us in the past but I can never take conceiving for granted when so many good people struggle! Jonah was after 2 months and Logan was after 1 month of trying. This trip will be a perfect time to go, while the boys are big enough and somewhat independent.
We will be going to a few sports games. We will be seeing BRETT FAVRE play as a New York Jet, Keith has seen him twice as a Green Bay Packer, 2 years ago when we went to Toronto in September 2006 he went with his brother down to Detroit and last October 2007 he saw him play in GREEN BAY! So this will be the 3rd year in a row for him, my 1st time seeing him play. We will also be going to 2 Edmonton Oiler games, 1 against the New York Rangers and 1 against the New Jersey Devils. Those 3 games we have bought the tickets for already and we also hope to buy tickets there for a New York Islanders game against the Penguins I think. We will also be doing all the regular New York things, I bought 3 adult New York Passes which gets you into every attraction for 7 days. Keith and I are just waiting for our passports which should arrive next week and then it will be getting very real! I actually went to Canada Place last Monday morning and the wait was not long at all, I was in and out in an hour and that was only because I had to get Keith to meet me there with his truck downtown because they didn't like his signature (it didn't match his driver's license!)
That is my exciting news for this Monday morning, have a great week everyone!
P.S we get our new windows this coming weekend which is perfect timing as the rain today is leaking through my bathroom window! It has never done that before but I guess their 50 some year old life span is very much done and then some!!
10 comments:
How exciting! We want to go to New York sometime in the near future too so we can catch some broadways shows. Jeremy used to live in NY state when he was in the US. Navy but he didn't spend much time in NYC. Oh, and let me be the first to tell you that AGE does not have much to do with having children....especially not at your age! Look at me, I was pregnant 4 months after Maya was born and I was almost 29 at that point. I'm sure it will happen pretty fast for you. Good Luck and make sure Rob is not staying in the same hotel room with you guys....haha!
Hey Chris and I will be in New York for both the Devils and Rangers games as well. Perhaps we should meet up one of the days before or after the game. Would be fun to see you guys.
Are you serious Yvonne!! That is cool, we should totally meet up. Will you have a cell with you, we will have ours, let's exchange numbers and we'll call you while were in NYC.
Tammy, it was just a joke about OUR age! But seriously age actually does matter but only for women. Apparently for men if they have good swimmers they will be good for life supposedly. Women it does get harder the older you get but usually not until after 35/40 which I am still well under, yay!!
We aren't sure where we are staying yet, either at Rob's friend's place in New Jersey or a lodge/hostel in Manhatten but not a hotel, too pricey!!
I just wanted to stop by to say hello. I have been reading your blog on and off for a while now...since I was pregnant with my son at the same time you wre pregnant with Logan. Anyway, I am from WI and thought it was so awesome you are going to see Brett play in NY! I still love him even if he's not in Green Bay anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a Packers fan! :-)
Take care!
Very exciting, sounds like it will be lots of fun. I am jealous, I really would love to see NY someday! Have fun!
P.S. I am almost definite I saw your hubby on the big screen at the Oilers game last night after one of the goals...
Hey Desiree, my hubby was at home on the couch last night, must have been his twin!
Hey so are you doing anything about the Doula business? I go to my first meeting for Edmonton Doulas tomorrow night, I'm excited to meet other Doulas and learn more!
Oh wow, that trip sounds like SO much fun! I can't wait to hear all about it.
That is too funny! Granted I have only seen pictures of your husband, but this guy looked just like your husband in pictures! I am not sure about the doula thing. I mean I still want to do it, but maybe next summer, in between school...I am afraid I will like it too much and not want to finish school, lol. (Just kidding)
Beth I will email you in the next few weeks and we can touch base and exchange numbers etc. It will be nice to see you guys and catch up.
Post a Comment