
Last Saturday night Keith and I had another hotel night to use, we bought them at the Salvation Army Auction last October. We used one, the Fantasy Land, on our 7th Anniversary last May, and we got to use another one this past Saturday night. It was downtown Edmonton. Above is out our hotel window, nothing spectacular, but still pretty nice to get away..again! As we were walking around downtown at 10:00 that night, sun still out and 25 degrees, we realized that the date June 21st was our anniversary when we were dating and it was 12 years ago to that day we started dating!! I booked the room a while ago not realizing the date, so that was kind of cool!! We went to a movie (The Happening) saturday night and then walked to get marble slab after, we had free breakfast with the room Sunday morning, and then we went to a matinee of Get Smart. It was a great 24 hours. The boys had a sleepover at Nana & Papa's.

Before our hotel adventure, we had a Senior Youth Group car wash. It was a very HOT day, and even Jonah did some washing. However I am an idiot and didn't put sunscreen on until it was too late. I have been paying for it, and just today it is starting to not hurt as much but is very very itchy!!

A view of my burn on my shoulder, the lighting is bad but you can tell the difference from my pasty whiteness!


Today my boys and day home kids did a portrait of themselves. I lied all of them down on big pieces of paper and traced them, afterward they each painted it.
Below is Logan's creation.
Above is Jonah's. He described it to me as his mouth open because he is screaming "I want candy", he asked me to draw him holding Baby Tigger, so I did. I had to ask him what the orange thing that looks like a field goal post is, and well he said it's you know, his boy hood, soon-to-be man hood!

4 comments:
Good thing you explained the field goal post thing. I thought he was getting at something else. LMAO!
But seriously, he is a pretty good little artist for a little guy.
Time away is always good. Glad you had fun.
My Mom told me about Jonah's picture. Thats so funny. I cant wait to spend the day with them tomorrow!
Jonah, don't grow up to early you will have the rest of your life to be obsessed with that part.
I saw pictures of Jonah washing cars and boy he really is growing up!
Hope you had fun last weekend at the hotel...which one did you stay at?
Post a Comment