Monday, June 09, 2008

Girl time!


My 2 roommates this weekend!
My good friend Sue and her baby Brooklyn. I did get away from my own kids and day home, but spent the weekend with an absolute ANGEL Brookie. I heard her cry a tiny bit on the way home in the car because she was so over tired from the late nights and so many people had her. I took this picture of her sunday morning, she was so smiley, whenever any one looked at her, she is so cute!



Even though it was a rainy cloudy weekend, I had a great time away. On Saturday afternoon, 7 of us went into town to go see a movie. We couldn't find a time that worked to get back in time for supper, so we ended up shopping in the new "south sommon like" at the edge of Red Deer. Above is Jen, me & Cathy in the back of Janet's car.

Saturday night we had everyone come to the lodge in the evergreen for party time, we ate so much junk! Most of our church ladies were in the old chapel makeshift dorm this year , which didn't have any place to hang out and the rest of us were in evergreen suites. So we got to stay up late with everyone that night, last year they had the dorm and we had the common room. Next year they are saying the new cabins will be built, let's hope!! The makeshift dorms in the old chapel and showers outside in trailers have been around too long now. They demolished the cabins 3 years ago or so cause they were condemned.

Anyway, I didn't take many pictures, but really enjoyed getting away and getting to know the women from my church, who are older and I don't normally interact with!

P.S I got home at 4pm yesterday and we took the boys and Uncle Ben to see Kung Fu Panda. It was Logan's first movie where I didn't go at nap time and put him to sleep in his stroller. We got there at 5:45 for the 6:30 show but it was sold out so we went to the next one at 7:20, which went to 9:00pm, their bed time so when we got home it was straight to bed. We thought we would try it, and under 2 is free so no loss of money for him at least. Jonah started sitting well at the movies at about 2 years and a couple months. Logan is still 2 months shy of 2 years old. He started well during the previews, eating popcorn and his milk. Once it started he wanted off his chair, when I told him to sit he yelled "NO", so out we went for a time out. He really wanted to go in to the "oovie, oovie" he kept saying and I said you have to sit down, and be quiet. We went back in and he sat for the rest of the movie. He understood the consequence of standing up in the movie and it was much better after that. I am very proud of how well he did at his age and we all got to watch KUNG FU PANDA!

All in all a very good weekend from beginning to end!

2 comments:

Miranda said...

It's nice that you are still going out to camp. I haven't been there in over 10 years. I love the picture of you and Sue! And you are right, Brooklyn is a very good baby.

Kirst said...

Looks like you had fun. It seems like a lot of kids went to see Kung Fu Panda.