Monday, April 07, 2008

FUEL Reginarama '08

This past weekend our FUEL worship team went to Regina Saskatchewan. We left at 6:00pm Friday night and arrived at midnight at The Salvation Army's Beaver Creek camp (just outside of Saskatoon. We then left the next morning around 10:15 to arrive in Regina around 12:30pm. We set up the band and played a concert at 2:00pm for a bunch of rowdy kids who were ending their youth councils weekend, with a bunch of worship!! They were very energetic and it was lots of fun. After supper we ran a senior youth group event with a giant life size Dutch blitz game, and BOO-YA, a game with questions and eating mystery food for the losing team after each question. SOme items were not appealing and others were great! Like my question that the team lost I had to eat an AERO chocolate bar in 1 minute. It's harder than it sounds, the chocolate globs up in your throat, but of course not near as bad as other items that make you want to puke at the mere smell of them.
Sunday morning we led their entire morning service, and then had lunch and got back on the road just before 2:00pm to head home to Edmonton. We arrived home at 10:15pm. A lot of driving but a very beneficial weekend was had by all.
We left Jonah & Logan with their 4 grandparents, my parents had them from Friday night until sunday morning at church and Keith's parents took them after church and had them back at our place and in bed when we arrived home. I only had to "pump 'n dump" my milk once on the weekend on Saturday night and this morning I was getting quite tender again, Logan nursed for a really long time when he woke up this morning, I think he was just happy to have some mommy cuddle time after a weekend away, it was nice for both of us!
Here are some pictures from the weekend...

SASKATCHEWAN

Jammin'


My fellow singer girl's!


EVERYONE


Heading home...
Sam & I


Keith & I
We can't go on a trip without a self taken close-up of the two of us!
Brett has to get in on the photo too, nice antlers we've got there.


Dance moves to Ghostbusters on Steve's IPOD.


Bein' silly, there's that hand again!!


There's a creepy man in the back seat...


Ahhhhhh



Big Brother Ben and Me.


2 comments:

Kirst said...

Looks like fun. Brings back memories of band trips and such.

Tammy Williams said...

Looks like a fun time. I worked as the program director and Beaver Creek one year. Nice people there!