Monday, November 26, 2007

Surgery finally booked!


Well, today I spent my entire morning at the University of Alberta's Pediatric Opthamologist for Logan's eye. They told me I could still wait it out and see if he outgrows it by 2yrs, but I can't leave him dealing with this, every morning his eye is all crusty and gunk all over it. It continues to leak out all day, and it makes the skin around his eye red and dry. So I said I would like to go ahead and book the surgery, they put a probe down to stretch his tear duct. He does have to go under with general anest. for 30 minutes which is the part I don't like. If they find out that it is completley blocked when they do the probing, and not just narrow (like we hope), he will have to have actual SURGERY, to create a path. Anyway, the appointment is booked for Friday January 11th, 2008. I am nervous making the decision to put him under, but he will be better after it, as long as it is not a complete blockage!
So that is the update on our little rocker!
Till next time..

1 comment:

Angie said...

I can sympathize with how scary it is to have your kid put under. I'll be praying that it all goes well. If you need to talk about it I have good ears!