Sunday, November 11, 2007

Medicentre x 3


Logan chillin'


Jonah colored his toes during nap time last week.


My mom & Dad got a new puppy this weekend! He is their 3rd (at least that I know of). Tasha was around when I was born and died when I was 8/9, and Sundance was next and he died 4 yrs ago.
And Introducing now LEO


On to my post title and our weekend: Saturday afternoon Jonah had a birthday party to go to at 1:30pm, he went bowling and then to Mcdonald's. It was one of the first times I have left him to be independent on his own out in public. He had tons of fun, and was so excited to see me, and said he missed me, which he doesn't have much opportunity to feel. I think sometimes he must get sick of being around his mommy ALL the time. So it was nice for him to do his own thing.
After the party we went to my parents to meet Leo, the new puppy.
Jonah started complaining and he wanted to go home, he felt warm, and when we got home I took his temp and it was 101, and he was complaining his ear hurt. I knew he must now too have an ear infection. The medi centre closes at 4pm on saturday so we had to wait until the morning. He was drugged up and put to bed, we had to give him more tylenol at 4am cause his fever was so high.
So Sunday morning instead of going to church, we got the boys up and off to the medi centre. So now they are both on antibiotics. Logan should be done his soon as he started his last Monday.
I have been to the medi centre 3 times since last monday:
Monday for Logan's ear infection/oral antibiotics, Wednesday for Logan's eye infection/eye drops, and Sunday for Jonah's ear infection/oral antibiotics.
I have been quite the nurse with my job the last 2 weeks. If you have missed previous posts, my day home has all been sick. 2 weeks ago one of the little girls came in with an ear and eye infection, which spread now to everyone, with Jonah being the last.
I have had obsene amounts of amoxicillin in my fridge. We bought a humidifier today to help with everyone's coughs and colds, and hopefully the house is on it's way to recovery.
My day home has never had so many sick like this, the colds always get passed around, obviously, but some viruses once they come into my house from one of the kids, it is such a small space and the germs have a hay day.
Well no medicentre this week, I hope! And next week it is FLU shots at the health centre, once the boys are all done their antibiotics.
CHOW

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! that dog is soo cute!!! (I thought it was a stuffed animal at first :)) You have been busy! maybe you should've one into nursing!

Angie said...

Leo is VERY handsome. :)

Sorry to hear that everyone was so sick, but I'm glad to hear they are on the mend.

Kirst said...

What a cute puppy. I too thought he was a stuffed animal at first.