Wow, I can't believe tomorrow Alexis is 2 weeks old already!!
Alexis was 8lbs 10 oz at birth and at her 1 week check was 8lbs 14 oz and her 2 week check was 9lbs 1 oz. She is doing so well!
Time is going by too fast, I really want time to stand still now that the pregnancy is over. I am beginning to struggle emotionally again, which I knew would come postpartum as I have been pretty okay for the last 2-3 months with my nightmare being put in the background for a bit and just enjoying time with my boys. I look in my daughter's face and break down at least once a day as the fear comes over me as to what the future may hold, but now is when I grab Jesus a little tighter again! I have always been pretty in control of my emotions and do not usually feel this overwhelming feeling of breaking down but I can't help it now and I know my circumstances during this pregnancy have a big part in that!
I have such a great family God has given me. I know for a matter of fact that HE had his hand in every part of my labour and delivery. I had such a long but easy labour, HE gave me nice long breaks between contractions and helped me stay in control. I never felt that wall where I couldn't handle it anymore. I was shocked when I was 9cm, and I thought to myself "when was transition", I have ALWAYS (both times) freaked out, but not having my water broken mid labour I know helped too, it makes labour go a little longer but also the pain stays in control.
Alexis was 8lbs 10 oz at birth and at her 1 week check was 8lbs 14 oz and her 2 week check was 9lbs 1 oz. She is doing so well!
Time is going by too fast, I really want time to stand still now that the pregnancy is over. I am beginning to struggle emotionally again, which I knew would come postpartum as I have been pretty okay for the last 2-3 months with my nightmare being put in the background for a bit and just enjoying time with my boys. I look in my daughter's face and break down at least once a day as the fear comes over me as to what the future may hold, but now is when I grab Jesus a little tighter again! I have always been pretty in control of my emotions and do not usually feel this overwhelming feeling of breaking down but I can't help it now and I know my circumstances during this pregnancy have a big part in that!
I have such a great family God has given me. I know for a matter of fact that HE had his hand in every part of my labour and delivery. I had such a long but easy labour, HE gave me nice long breaks between contractions and helped me stay in control. I never felt that wall where I couldn't handle it anymore. I was shocked when I was 9cm, and I thought to myself "when was transition", I have ALWAYS (both times) freaked out, but not having my water broken mid labour I know helped too, it makes labour go a little longer but also the pain stays in control.
So here are some pictures of our beautiful little girl...
This is where Alexis sleeps at night, I love the first 6-8 weeks when they sleep in the middle in our bed! Although they usually find their way back when they get older too, which is okay occassionally:P
This is our FREE ($700retail) patio set Zellers gave to us because they sold the set we put on hold! It was origianlly 50% off but when we came with Keith's work truck to pick it up they sold it and said if they found one at another store (cause it was the floor model) we could have it for 75%off but in the end they called and the manager decided to give it to us for free and deliver it.
It may have been my obscene beached whale like state I was at 8 days overdue and my husband coming during the work day with his truck to find out it wasn't there anymore at their fault. Which is okay by me, and it was delivered on Alexis birthday (my brother came to our place while we were at the hospital!). The manager said consider it a baby gift, what a baby gift!...and on her birthday!!
5 comments:
Free? Sweet! That is really amazing that Zellers did that.
And Alexis is cute! Very alert just like my 2 were. I think I need to stop over for a visit and hold her ;)
Absolutely Miranda, we could hang out in the backyard with the kids. They are getting very antsy these days, and I am sooooo tired with not getting much sleep! They would love a play date!
yay, you're a family of five! Congratulations Perry's!
The pictures are GORGEOUS!!! She is so sweet! And what an awesome baby gift - I'm oozing with jealousy! Gotta see if I can rig that now! haha Enjoy being a Mommy of three - it is SO awesome!
She is gorgeous! What a fab baby gift!
Post a Comment