Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Thank-You Grandma

OCTOBER 8th, 2007
(3 months before she died on January 9th 2008)

Yesterday I spent 5 hours at the stollery children's hospital wit Logan for a high fever he's had for 3 days. They took a urine sample (via catheter) and we will find out in 48 hours if it is a urinary tract infection. He seems to be better with not as high a fever today. Friday is also his surgery for his eye. But it may be canceleed if he is not better.

As for my Grandma, She passed away this morning at 3:30am. When my mom & Aunt arrived yesterday in Hamilton, they unhooked her and her body took time to shut down. Thank-you Grandma for my mom and our wonderful family, you did well! Thank-you for the love you and Grandpa shared. I hope I can have the same love you both shared after so many years together. Thank-you for this past Thanksgiving when I was able to share time with you, and learning about things you remembered from your past. I Love you and will miss you till we meet again!

My Grandma had alzheimers, and her memory would come and go, it was amazing though how she could pull things from way in the past, which she shared with me when we were there in October. I thank God she went now and didn't have to go further into the disease. She spent up until the last few weeks (when she got an infection and was hospitalized until her death), with Grandpa at home!

3 comments:

Miranda said...

:( Thinking of you.

I hope Logan starts feeling better...poor little guy.

Kirst said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandma. We'll be thinking about you.
Keep us posted on how Logan is feeling and how the surgery goes. Poor kid. Hope he feels better soon.

Angie said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandma.
I hope little Logan is feeling better soon.