Tuesday, August 14, 2007

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY LOGAN JEFFREY MICHAEL PERRY

Wow, the first year goes by way faster with #2! This day last year I woke up at 5:30 am with the start of contractions. By 3:50pm Logan was born, what a painful day I had, but this year I will take it easy with my 2 boys at home and my 2 awesome day home girls, Zoe & Kaitlyn. Here are some pics from last year and his birthday party we had on Saturday afternoon. Happy Birthday my sweet Logan, you are such a joy to have in our family. We look forward to this next year as you become more and more the little person you are becoming, and not the baby of the first year. LOVE YOU lots and lots, MOM XOXOXO



Sunday August 13th 2006, 12 hours before I went into labour!


minutes after Logan was born

1 day old: Tuesday August 15th 2006
P.S Logan had his 1 year check last week and this is how he is doing: His right tear duct is still blocked, it is goopey multiple times every day. It is a routine that every time I nurse him, I have a wet cloth and wipe it clean. He is being referred to a surgeon, to talk about doing surgery on it, he would have to be put under, which I don't like, for a simple eye thing, but we'll see what he suggests, we haven't talked to him yet. The appointment won't be for another couple months, as he is a specialist, you know how that goes. He still nurses 3-4 times a day, and is also on homo milk at meal times and in a sippy sup when were out. He has come a long way from his 7pounds 13 ounces a year ago. He now weighs 22 lbs 6 ounces (55%) and 33" long/tall (99%). He has grown quite a few inches in the last couple months, and jumped to the top of the charts for height. His weight is still heavy but not as high on the charts as I thought. He has slowed down to gaining only 2-3 ounces a month or less, which is nice finally! He also has areas of excema, like his big brother did at his age, and got a prescription for hydrocortisone/glaxal base cream. He is not walking yet, but climbign up everything, stairs/coffee tables, stools in the kitchen. Long enough post for now. CHOW Momma to:
Jonah 3 1/2 years

Logan 1 YEAR OLD!



7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hey! Happy Birthday Logan!
As far as the eczema goes, I know quite a few people both adults and kids who have it and the prescriptions didn't work. Know what did?? DIAPER RASH CREAM FROM ARBONNE! Seriously, a friend of mine stacks up on it because it's the only thing that clears it up on her and her girl. Try it!

BethJoy said...

Jonah outgrew his excema around 2 years old, and the prescriptions worked awesome for him. Logan has already had it once when he was a few months old, and it cleared it up right away too, but it expired and it's a new area on his body. I have the diaper rash cream from arbonne, I will definitely use it to, if it helps!
Thanks

Tammy Williams said...

Sorry to hear about Logan's eye. My mom had a surgery for that when I was little but I would think that the procedure was much more complex back then. Hope it clears up soon so little Logan doesn't have to go through surgery.

Maya hasn't been weighed by the doctor since she was 6 months but we weigh and measure her at home and according to our scale she is around 18 lbs and about 28 inches tall. It's so funny to see her walk because she seems too little.

Looks like you all had a great time at his party. Great shot of Jonah naked! Happy 1st Birthday Logan!

PS. Did you get your carrier after????

BethJoy said...

Yes, when they are walking young, it looks funny.
I ave heard that lighter babies walk sooner, mostly because they have less body weight to try and manage walking upright on. MAKES SENSE! I have a 10month old 15 lb girl and she is closer to walking then Logan may even be!

Yes I got my carrier, I meant to email you. Thank-You so much! We leave in 2 days, YAY.

Tammy Williams said...

Glad to hear that you got it. I hope it was everything you were looking for!

I think you are right about the weight issue. My nephew, Dayna's boy - Michael, is not walking yet but he is a bigger baby than Maya is. He is walking along furniture though so it shouldn't be too much longer for him either.

Jenn said...

My goodness Beth you have a very tall little boy. Gray was 32 inches tall at 12 months and that is big. I know Logan is only 1 inch taller, but thats a lot on a little person. I was told that some times it can take bigger babies longer to walk because there is so much more of them to balance. Was Jonah tall when he was a baby? You have cute boys. Looks like the day was fun. Happy Birthday Logan.

BethJoy said...

Jonah was tall too but not as tall as his little brother!! Jonah didn't walk till 14 months. I think Logan will be later too because of his height and weight! Gray walked early though didn't he?