More space seems to be what we keep looking for as our little family keeps growing! Last year it was more space in a bigger house! Now it is more space in a bigger vehicle! Our 4 year lease was coming up for our little black sunfire, so last weekend I was out of town at womens camp so I made an appointment for Keith to go the dealer and see what we could do in the next few months as far as a van goes for us, well, he bought one instead! But I am very happy, it is great and we will own it this time, rather than give it back after! Our sunfire was VERY good to us, we crammed so much into that little thing, we definitely used every inch of that vehicle!!
Above: Jonah 'driving' the sunfire, last week, Keith gave Jonah his 1st lesson behind the wheel, he drove on Keith's lap for about 100 yards. So we had to get a picture of him in the driver's seat.
Below: Logan in his seat in the backseat, no more squishing in the middle between Jonah & Logan when one of my brother's need a ride! It was me that did the squishing of course, because even I had to sit on an angle.
Above: Jonah 'driving' the sunfire, last week, Keith gave Jonah his 1st lesson behind the wheel, he drove on Keith's lap for about 100 yards. So we had to get a picture of him in the driver's seat.
Below: Logan in his seat in the backseat, no more squishing in the middle between Jonah & Logan when one of my brother's need a ride! It was me that did the squishing of course, because even I had to sit on an angle.
Hello, Blue Uplander, on the finance form, it calls it a "Chevrolet Truck Uplander" HAHA, I told Keith he finally gets his TRUCK he has wanted! Our trip to B.C in August will be sooo nice in the new van. Now we just need a little car for keith to take to work every day, which we are pretty sure we are getting our friends old car, so I may finally have something during the day, not that I can take the day home kids anywhere, but when they all go home at the end of the day, I can run to Safeway or something if I need to before dinner!




6 comments:
Everyone seems to be upgrading to a van. We are trying to avoid it as much as possible because I have never really wanted one but we'll see what happens. SUV that have 6 or more seats are pretty expensive these days but maybe we can come by an older model or something. All I know is that we will need something bigger within the next year or so because all we have now is a Toyota 4 Seater Truck and my little 4 door Civic.
Congrats on the new vehicle!
Very nice! Our van search continues. I'm with Tammy I never really wanted a van but 3 third row suv's are expensive and so is the gas.
Have fun going out in it.
Welcome to the VAN club! Or should I call it the "hot mommas who drive minivans club" That sounds better!
You will love the space! And the sliding doors! Congrats!
Oh, and I thought of a name for your van... Betty-Blue! Then we would have Betty-Lou & Betty-Blue!
HAHA, Chrissy you made me chuckle. BETTY-BLUE, that sounds great!
Yeh some people are against the van, but I don't get it. An SUV in my mind is not practical. But that comes from trying to get the boys out of the car without banging the car parked beside us all the time, plus the space for 3 kids and a friend or 2!! Sliding doors are going to be good for getting them in and out now! Join the "hot mammas driving mini vans" club! It's not THAT bad, hehe.
Beth, what is the brand name on Logan's car seat? We are in the market for one for Maya and I think I saw that one you have at Babies-R-Us. Is it one of those that converts 3 times until they are like 80 lbs or something like that? That's what we are looking for but we don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it because we also have to buy a second crib/bed.
Tammy:
Logan's car seat is the Eddie Bauer 3 in 1, they are great because they go back facing from 5 pounds to forward facing and 80 pounds. There are different brands of them though, the eddie bauer one is more expensive. Jonah's is the Cosco brand (we got it at walmart) and is much cheaper by about $70 canadian. So I hope that helps!
I can't wait to turn Logan around in 2 months when he is 1 year old, because he is over the 20 pounds already just need to wait till he's 1, but then the 2 of them will face the same way!!
Post a Comment