WEIGHT: 19 lbs 6 oz (80th percentile) gained 5 oz
HEIGHT: 28" (90th percentile) grew 1/2"
since one month ago
Logan has definitely taken on more of a PERRY look to him but I think he his going to be as tall, if not taller than his PAPA SCARBEAU!! I am so proud of my big boys. The nurse kept asking if I fed him formula, I said "no, I exclusively breastfeed" and she said "You're not giving him formula too?" "Umm NO". She seemed kind of shocked that breastmilk would sustain a human being for 6 months and that he was thriving so well! Why do some doctors insist on pushing formula? If a mother has succeeded in nursing, way to go. It is not easy to start and takes a lot of effort!
YAY 1 more day of work and then a LONG weekend!! Can't wait. My Job is wearing me out.
Mamma to
Jonah 3 YEARS
Logan 6 MONTHS

7 comments:
I never listen to the health nurses. They often do not have the proper information. Breastfeeding is on the rise and exclusively breastfeeding for the first 6 months is far more common than formula feeding. Like you said on Jenn's blog, parenting is a very subjective thing and i guess the nurses have their own opinions. I have been told so many things from the health nurses and most of it is conflicting with what my doctor says or with what I think.
Logan is beautiful. Happy 6 months little guy!
That's weird because down here I feel like a bad mother for feeding Maya formula. I feel like everyone, including the doctors, are judging me and then I have to go into this big schpeel about how I had to have breast surgery when she was just 1 month old so I stopped nursing at that time. It's frustrating. I wish I could have continued, but hopefully I will have better luck next time around. Maya is growing normally on the formula and I am thankful for that.
Tall boy you have there.
Tammy-I can't believe all you had to go through with your mastitis. It is not your fault at all and for people like you, it is very good there are some good alternatives out there in formula!
Tammy...you should not feel guilty and don't let anyone make you feel that way! I choose to formula feed and it is the best decision I've ever made.
Wow he is getting big. He weighs about the same as Quint. Although my kids are teeny weeny. He looks nice and healthy. And he'll eat other stuff when he is ready. I must really like your milk.
Happy 6 month to your handsome little guy!
What a great picture!
Post a Comment