Thursday, April 20, 2006

24 Weeks Pregnant...

16 more to go... 112 more days.
Sorry I have not blogged in a while, it was a while ago now that we were sick. We are much better now, Jonah ended up with an ear infection the next week. He has now had 2 ear infections since the beginning of the new year, he made it almost 2 years with getting nothing more than an occasional runny nose.
His nursing is slowing way down!! He does it maybe 1-2 times a week now. My milk supposedly changes back into the clostrum the new baby will need around the 4th month of pregnancy and they say your older child will sometimes not like the change. Jonah didn't seem to notice but he only wants to do it if he is upset, needs a cuddle or when he was sick, he wouldn't eat anything but he nursed for 4 days straight. I am glad I still had something to give him, God is pretty genious the way he made us provide. I am hoping if he will still nurse occasionally it won't be as much of a shock to my body when the new baby arrives, I remember the pain in my boobs from the milk filling up so fast, I am sure it will be similar but maybe not as bad. I guess I will find out soon enough.
Anyway enough about nursing, I am 24 weeks now, feeling a little anxious as the baby is getting big fast now, and I am feeling very weighed down, every time I get up my hips feel so loose. I read it is the relaxin hormone preparing your body for labor so the baby can get out and it goes back to normal but you may feel unsteady and do I ever, I feel like an old lady sometimes.
enjoy my 1st belly pic, It just isn't the same the 2nd time, I will have more as I am getting bigger faster now. I do not look or feel the way I did the first time, I feel like my belly is carrying higher this time, the baby spends a lot of time above my belly button, when I am sitting my belly rests under my chest and the baby kicks me there all the time. I think I could feel a leg resting along the top part of my belly this morning, it was cool:)
Chow.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow look at that belly! You do look to be carrying high...especially at only 24 weeks.
I didn't realize that you were still nursing Jonah...good for you. I am hoping that breastfeeding will go a lot smoother for me this time around.

Anonymous said...

You're looking good! I am almost 19 weeks now and nowhere near as big as you (I mean that in the nicest way possible)! I heard that you look bigger in the 2nd pregnancy though so that could be why. Then again, I could balloon out in the next 5 weeks and be the same as you...who knows! So far, I have only gained about 8-10 pounds though...thankfully!

Anyway, I am so excited to see everyone's new baby and what they are having. It's so much fun having all of these friends share the motions with you. Baby Williams is kicking now too...mostly when I am driving though - which tends to throw me for a loop. I am keeping fit with water-aerobics and a bunch of other things. Jeremy likes me to keep active and eat healthy for the baby - so I am. I really enjoy pregnancy though. Fun times!

Anonymous said...

You look great. Seeing all of these great pregnant bellies makes me miss mine even more. I want one too and my baby is only 3 and a half months old. Soon enough, I want another one again probably as close as my two are now, 20 months, maybe even closer, we will see. Glad to hear you and your family are all feeling well again. Keep up the updates, I love to see what is going on with the pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

An update yah!

You look awesome Beth, baby bellies are my favorite part of pregnancies. I have no idea what it is like but it looks fantastic. I can't wait to see the little person when they arrive.

Instead of Auntie of 1 I will be Auntie of 2

Anonymous said...

Great update Beth. I am so happy to hear things are going well. You look great!

Anonymous said...

its so neat to hear stories from other moms. I can't believe how many prago woman I see. It's like another babyboom.