Friday, September 16, 2005

My baby...growing up so fast!


Here is Jonah sitting at the computer playing "winnie-the-pooh Toddler" yesterday. Notice how his hand naturally holds the mouse, he watches his mommy on the computer way too much! Also below a picture of me at 36 weeks pregnant, 5 weeks before Jonah was born, I think I gained another 5 pounds after this picture was taken. It doesn't sound that bad but ask my stretch marks and they will say differently! I had no stretch marks until the last 6 weeks or so when Jonah started to put on weight so fast before being be born and my stomach stretched so fast! They say a baby puts on 1 pound a week in the last 4 weeks. People continue to remind me how "huge" I was, but hey I had a nine pound baby in there. Amazing! I have been yearning to be pregnant again lately, as Jonah gets older and more of a little boy, I ache to have a "baby" again. I am glad Jonah is getting older don't get me wrong, watching your child grow and learn is so wonderful. I can be patient, I will be pregnant again all too soon, I am enjoying having only one child, I know it will be much more of a handful. I think of it from time to time when I run out with Jonah, how it might be with another one to think of.
My how time goes by: Jonah in my belly Dec 25th 2003 and Jonah on computer (big boy) September 15th 2005. By the way, that is the christmas tree behind me, you can barely see it, I block almost all of it out.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Sometimes I wonder why women ever want to get pregnant. Haha. I know it's all for the greater good though. I am looking forward to the entire process.

BethJoy said...

Pregnancy wasn't easy, and I had a good one compared to a lot of people, but I still loved it completely! I only had morning sickness first 14 weeks or so(not only in the morning, stupid name), I think I always threw up my supper! And major hip and lower back pain and sleeping got difficult after 5-6 months. Other than that it was great oh and labor was difficult but hey that is to be expected! You kind of forget the pain after a while and of course it is all worth it! Sometimes I feel bad for men because they will never have the connection moms have with their kids, but that is the least God could give us for bearing the load! sorry so wordy.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful pregnant belly! I can't believe Jonah is on the computer already...I wish Isabelle would sit still long enough.

Anonymous said...

Some men need that realization I think - that it's not all a bowl of cherries. I suppose God knew what he was doing though when he let women have control of the situation.

Anonymous said...

Awww...that is so cute. I love how Jonah can work the computer but some adults I know can't work it at all.

Anonymous said...

Holy Mama! Nice belly! I would be pregnant all the time if I could. I loved it so much. Such a special time. I feel sorry for those who don't get to experience it including men.

BethJoy said...

I feel the same way Lori. I want to be pregnant right now but not have the kid in 9 months! Jonah needs to be a little older for us, in a few more months hopefully. Are you two done? Or do you want more some day? You made two beautiful happy children, you're very blessed!

Anonymous said...

Yup we are done. Fixed and all.