Saturday, July 30, 2005
Interesting day trip!
Well yesterday my mom, Jonah and myself drove out to Pine Lake camp to pick up Brett to come home for the weekend. It was a nice day driving down and when we arrived there around 4:30 Jonah and I went for a swim, we then joined the staff for supper. Brett had to go finish some work in The Pines so we joined him up there. The clouds were changing, I hate crazy summer weather as it is and especially out at Pine Lake (summer 2000 Tornado), Then in an instant the tornado alarm went off and people were yelling to get into a basement. I'm running with Jonah in my arms, with my mom and Brett following. I was so scared becuase I had Jonah with me, I remember hearing stories of people whose babies are ripped from there arms in a tornado, I have a huge fear of anything happening to my baby, as do most moms. Jonah was so good, he didn't freak out even though he could have, because it was crazy. We were in the dining hall basement for a few minutes and then we were cleared to come up but the rain was crazy, then it started to hail, we waited and watched from inside, it was amazing how much rain and hail there was in such a few minutes. Needless to say we were all safe, but it was pretty crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have goosebumps! So glad you are safe. That is frightening.
Glad things were alright! I def dont miss that weather, thats for sure!
In case you didnt know I added you to our blog links, hope thats ok!
Wow that is scary! We were camping this weekend in a tent but luckily we had good weather. Glad you are ok.
Post a Comment