Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Come on!

Crowns offer for resolution came today in the mail: If I plead guilty, which I WILL NOT!
She wants me to go to jail for a minimum of 3 years, submit a DNA sample (along with my fingerprints they already have!) and 10 years prohibited of possessing weapons.
Like really, this is NOT my life. Who do they think I am!!
This offer just shows us what the 'lightest' sentence would be if a jury convicts in trial, which the dates will be set soon, and I am going back to the lawyer tomorrow.
I just can't imagine going to jail for 3 years what that would do to my 3 children, one I haven't even seen her face to face yet and to my marriage, I could not be away from my husband for that much time let alone the damage to my kids! I don't think I could bear that. I am really hoping this doesn't mess me up too much just going through this, to get it to go away. These are the moments on this earthly life I would rather be in glory. I know God said life would be hard down here, but I really am not enjoying this at all. I am trying to enjoy my life, my kids, my marriage is being strengthened by Jesus through this, and the joy we will soon see with our new daughter joining us; But underneath it all is this VERY BLACK cloud. I am asking God to help me not see it when I look back on this time in my life.
Well that is my afternoon today, trying not to lose it, my sweet husband brought supper home for me, because I am just not all there obviously!
till next time...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh bethany, I couldn't even begin to imagine what you are going through. That sentence would seem a nightmare, especially for something you did not do! How is it that they are asking for this with no evidence? You are in our prayers, & God will give you strength to get through this tough time. Keep on praising Him

BethJoy said...

There is 'evidence'. Every accident that happens has evidence whether someone did it or not. She did get hurt and it was at my house so they can only point it to me, whether it happened when I was in the room or not! Even though her 4 yr old brother said she fell and I came in and helped her, the police don't care about that because it doesn't help them take me to trial and try to convict someone! The detective even said to Lydia's mom she is determined to WIN this case by convicting someone. And she doesn't WIN the case if they say it was an accident she did herself falling.

Tammy Williams said...

Sorry to hear this Beth! Sounds like you are determined to see this through until the end...as I'm sure I would be too. We are praying for a healthy baby delivery for you and for God to lay his hand on your situation right now. Blessings.

Lindsey said...

This is all so absurd. it sounds like nobody truly believes you did anything but she has a "quota" to meet and doesn't care who's life is ruined as long as she gets a promotion or bonus cheque. Accidents happen! What if this happened in her own home, would she be in foster care right now??
I'm sorry you're going through this. Makes you second guess the recent convictions seen on the news.

BethJoy said...

Exactly Lindsey, if it happened in her own house or to one of my boys, they would be removed. Which is why I can still have my boys because it didn't happen to one of my biological children, it's absurdity! I, too, see things legally way different now and have a heart for those charged and convicted of things they didn't do. You just can't assume anymore!

Angie said...

I'm so sorry to read that, Bethany. I don't know what to say other than I'm thinking of you and praying.