Friday, January 16, 2009

Blessings

I received an email today from a friend who has been such a huge support to me during this most difficult time in my life, it had a prayer at the end of it and had me crying it out to the LORD ALMIGHTY! I had to post and share the prayer. You may find yourself today at this moment needing it to:

Dear Heavenly Father,
I pray that you abundantly bless my family and me. I know that a family to you is more than just a husband, wife, mother, father, brother & sister, but all who believe and trust in you. I pray that the power of joined prayer by those who believe and trust in you is more POWERFUL than ANYTHING. I thank you in advance for your blessings.
Father God, deliver me right now from debt and debt burdens! Release your Godly wisdom that I may be a good steward over all that You have given me. I know how wonderful and mighty You are and how if we just obey You, walk in Your word and have the faith of a mustard seed, that You will pour out blessings. I thank You Lord for the most recent blessings I have received and for the blessings yet to come because I know You are not done with me yet. In Jesus name, I pray, Amen.

I have never relied on the Lord as I have in the most recent days, and I pray for myself today that I will grow in the strength of the Lord through this if nothing else and become closer to Him today and ALWAYS as a result of this trial in this season of my life. Which is what it is, a season, which too shall pass! I pray for you, my family of believers to draw closer to Him today and for those unbelievers to find Him today. I know, I too do not find myself drawing to Him in Good times, but mostly in those dark times. We do not walk through this life alone, He is always there, He yearns for us to draw near to Him today & always, no matter what good or bad, as we go through this earthly life filled with laughter, joy, sorrow and despair. I myself was going through life thinking I had it all under control and was enjoying everything. In one instant my entire future was snatched from me, at least the future I once pictured and now I am relying on God to lead the way, as I can not see much further ahead of me.

In December a women from my church gave Keith and I a beautiful encouraging note along with the New Leona Lewis CD, making a note of Track 12 FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND. I listened to it and cried through the entire song. It still gets to me when I have a moment to sit still and listen to the words and speak to God.
If you have a moment, have a listen...

You walked with me, and helped me understand where I'm going.
You walked with me, when I was all alone with so much unknown along the way.
Then I heard You say
I promise you I'm always there when your heart is filled with sorrow and despair.
I'll carry you when you need a friend
You'll find my footprints in the sand.
I see my life flash across the sky, so many times have I been so afraid
And just when I thought I'd lost my way You gave me strength to carry on!

Click this link to hear the song:

2 comments:

Desiree said...

Still thinking of you and praying for you...

Miranda said...

Your post reminded me of a song we used to sing all the time at camp..."He is able, more than able..."

Let me know if you need anything, ok?