A lot has happened since my last post.....
the trial ended, we had Thanksgiving. We had the verdict, the judge convicted me. We lost because of not enough counter evidence, we couldn't afford the EXTRA $50,000 it would have cost to get a doctor from the U.S to testify for our side, but I'm not the first in history to be wrongly accused and convicted of a crime I did not commit but it still angers me and I will have to work through that somehow. We then had Halloween, then after Remembrance day I took Logan & Alexis to B.C with my mom for 1 week. It was great to get away and just relax at my aunt's place.
Then at the end of November I turned 30! I had a great Birthday weekend, my birthday was a Sunday this year and Saturday we spent the day at Galaxyland with Keith, Jonah, Logan, my brothers Ben & Brett, Sarah and Jeremy, Jen & Andrew. We went for supper at The cheesecake and then just the adults went to the Comedy strip on Bourbon street in west ed. I thought that was great but then my husband got us a room at the Fantasyland hotel. We got a good nights sleep, had breakfast and then he took me to the west ed Theater where he had his Uncle Jeff set up the Xbox in a theater all to ourselves to play one of our favorite games LFD!! I know, how many women for their 30th birthday would think that's awesome but I grew up in kind of a techy home and it was pretty sweet! We then went to a movie after (with the public) and then shopped a bit and then went home to get changed to go out with family for dinner, or so I thought. We stopped at the church as my friend Jen had a gift and hug for me for my birthday, and when I arrived there was room full of about 80 people to surprise me for the evening! I was surprised, and my husband had a trivia game planned and a slideshow video.
Then came December, I had been dreading the month coming. I tried to get as much done as I could and enjoy it at the same time. Jonah had a school concert which he did great in! We got all our shopping pretty much done by the 15th or so. Then came the 17th, it came and went just like every other day but had quite the possible life altering events in it. The judge was very kind and had the choice of a 12-24 month imprisonment (no house arrest was available like we had previously thought due to parliaments amendment to the law) or give me a suspended jail term with a lengthy probation. He gave me the latter, because he didn't think it was suitable to put me in jail, The crown wanted 3.5 years (same as some manslaughter cases get). He said Parliament did not take away suspended sentences, only house arrest, so I actually got better than what he may have given as he said house arrest would probably have been what he would have done. So I just have to be a good citizen for 3 years and I won't have to serve the 18 month jail sentence he is suspending for the probation. I have 8 years in total until I can get my name freed again, that is all I want because I know I am not a danger and never was, I just have to get my NAME back as this has taken from me Everything I worked hard to be and am/was. When you go through the deepest darkest crap of your life so far you find out who is important and who still thinks I'm important to them after a mess like this. This changes you and changes others around you and now I just have to regroup somehow! When the chips were ALL down people were there to help us pick them back up, I will Always remember those who did so much in so many different ways during the hardest days, and especially the days that didn't seem so hard to others but were silently for us. THANK-YOU Forever and ever! I have a really nice P.O, her name is Susan and I'm glad she is nice and young, seeing as she will be my friend to get through these next 3 years on probation. Not my friend in a hang out way but someone not against me like everyone else in this process has been (except my lawyer of course, but he was a man and older and not so touchy feely for a young woman like me going through this)
It may not have been all cheery in our world all the time but we enjoy every moment we get and we will go forward from here and not have any more court dates and crap to be waiting for.
the trial ended, we had Thanksgiving. We had the verdict, the judge convicted me. We lost because of not enough counter evidence, we couldn't afford the EXTRA $50,000 it would have cost to get a doctor from the U.S to testify for our side, but I'm not the first in history to be wrongly accused and convicted of a crime I did not commit but it still angers me and I will have to work through that somehow. We then had Halloween, then after Remembrance day I took Logan & Alexis to B.C with my mom for 1 week. It was great to get away and just relax at my aunt's place.
Then at the end of November I turned 30! I had a great Birthday weekend, my birthday was a Sunday this year and Saturday we spent the day at Galaxyland with Keith, Jonah, Logan, my brothers Ben & Brett, Sarah and Jeremy, Jen & Andrew. We went for supper at The cheesecake and then just the adults went to the Comedy strip on Bourbon street in west ed. I thought that was great but then my husband got us a room at the Fantasyland hotel. We got a good nights sleep, had breakfast and then he took me to the west ed Theater where he had his Uncle Jeff set up the Xbox in a theater all to ourselves to play one of our favorite games LFD!! I know, how many women for their 30th birthday would think that's awesome but I grew up in kind of a techy home and it was pretty sweet! We then went to a movie after (with the public) and then shopped a bit and then went home to get changed to go out with family for dinner, or so I thought. We stopped at the church as my friend Jen had a gift and hug for me for my birthday, and when I arrived there was room full of about 80 people to surprise me for the evening! I was surprised, and my husband had a trivia game planned and a slideshow video.
Then came December, I had been dreading the month coming. I tried to get as much done as I could and enjoy it at the same time. Jonah had a school concert which he did great in! We got all our shopping pretty much done by the 15th or so. Then came the 17th, it came and went just like every other day but had quite the possible life altering events in it. The judge was very kind and had the choice of a 12-24 month imprisonment (no house arrest was available like we had previously thought due to parliaments amendment to the law) or give me a suspended jail term with a lengthy probation. He gave me the latter, because he didn't think it was suitable to put me in jail, The crown wanted 3.5 years (same as some manslaughter cases get). He said Parliament did not take away suspended sentences, only house arrest, so I actually got better than what he may have given as he said house arrest would probably have been what he would have done. So I just have to be a good citizen for 3 years and I won't have to serve the 18 month jail sentence he is suspending for the probation. I have 8 years in total until I can get my name freed again, that is all I want because I know I am not a danger and never was, I just have to get my NAME back as this has taken from me Everything I worked hard to be and am/was. When you go through the deepest darkest crap of your life so far you find out who is important and who still thinks I'm important to them after a mess like this. This changes you and changes others around you and now I just have to regroup somehow! When the chips were ALL down people were there to help us pick them back up, I will Always remember those who did so much in so many different ways during the hardest days, and especially the days that didn't seem so hard to others but were silently for us. THANK-YOU Forever and ever! I have a really nice P.O, her name is Susan and I'm glad she is nice and young, seeing as she will be my friend to get through these next 3 years on probation. Not my friend in a hang out way but someone not against me like everyone else in this process has been (except my lawyer of course, but he was a man and older and not so touchy feely for a young woman like me going through this)
It may not have been all cheery in our world all the time but we enjoy every moment we get and we will go forward from here and not have any more court dates and crap to be waiting for.
Christmas this year was great! We woke up with our family all together on christmas morning, we got to go from home to home opening presents and eating yummy food and just enjoying the time together. If you haven't yet, you should check out the link to youtube of a video my brother made of Christmas this year for our families. If you just go to youtube you can also find it under Sadhobofilms.
2011 is almost here, and I am just waiting until after the 17th of January when the crown has to appeal the sentence by. So I am still holding my breath that this sticks and then I can breath free of the hold the last 2 years has had on my/our life.
Pictures to follow of the last couple months...
2011 is almost here, and I am just waiting until after the 17th of January when the crown has to appeal the sentence by. So I am still holding my breath that this sticks and then I can breath free of the hold the last 2 years has had on my/our life.
Pictures to follow of the last couple months...
No comments:
Post a Comment