Monday, October 04, 2010

Words and music...


Here I am heading into the 3rd week of the darkest scariest thing in my entire life. There have been so many people supporting me/us in so many ways. We have had meals for supper delivered every weekday, and at least a dozen people every day at the court house with me! There have been "the regulars" and then others who can only pop in one day or so, but the numbers have been there, and it is so priceless how not feeling alone has been for me. This week will define my life, one way or the other, I will finally feel FREE for the first time in almost 2 years or I will be the opposite and well that is indescribable how I will be for that. I am just wanting to post some music lyrics that have been very close to me through this time





"Your Hands"
by JJ Heller


I have unanswered prayers
I have trouble I wish wasn't there
And I have asked a thousand ways
That You would take my pain away
That You would take my pain away

I am trying to understand
How to walk this weary land
Make straight the paths that crookedly lie
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands

When You walked upon the Earth
You healed the broken, lost, and hurt
I know You hate to see me cry
One day You will set all things right
Yea, one day You will set all things right

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands

Your hands
Your hands that shape the world
Are holding me, they hold me still
Your hands that shape the world
Are holding me, they hold me still

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave You when...

"I will Rise"
by Chris Tomlin

There's a peace I've come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say "It is well"

Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise

There's a day that's drawing near
When this darkness breaks to light
And the shadows disappear
And my faith shall be my eyes

Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise

And I hear the voice of many angels sing,
"Worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the cry of every longing heart,
"Worthy is the Lamb"

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise


"Let the waters rise"
By Mikeschair


Don't know where to begin
Its like my world's caving in
And I try but I can't control my fear
Where do I go from here?

sometimes its so hard to pray
When You feel so far away
But I am willing to go
Where you want me to
God, I trust You

There's a raging sea
Right in front of me
Wants to pull me in
Bring me to my knees
So let the waters rise
If You want them to
I will follow You

I will swim in the deep
'Cuz You'll be next to me
You're in the eye of the storm
And the calm of the sea
You'll never out of reach

God, You know where I've been
You were there with me then
You were faithful before
You'll be faithful again
I'm holding Your hand

There's a raging sea
Right in front of me
Wants to pull me in
Bring me to my knees
So let the waters rise
If You want them to
I will follow You

God Your love is enough
You will pull me through
I'm holding onto You
God Your love is enough
I will follow You

There's a raging sea
Right in front of me
Wants to pull me in
Bring me to my knees
So let the waters rise
If You want them to
I will follow You








3 comments:

Miranda said...

Music can be so powerful.

Just because I don't say much doesn't mean that I'm not praying for you. Wanted you to know that I am praying. May God be glorified.

mom said...

Bethany, there have been so many wonderful people supporting you, but most importantly, God is with you every step of the way. No matter the outcome tomorrow, He is already there! Love you.

Fantasypoet said...

Hi Bethany,

I love the lyrics! My favorite of those is I will rise by Chris Tomlin - it is so positive and uplifting. Great blog. :)