So I have been torn back and forth about whether to start Jonah in Kindergarten this coming 2008/09 school year. I really want him to become more independent, and school will help that. I just want to be sure he is not just intellectually ready but more so emotionally. There is an open house at the school in April that we will go to, and the seceratary said to come by any time and check out the class if we want to, which might be good. Who knows, we may not find out he is ready or not until he starts in the fall, but I am leaning towards at least trying him out, but he will be on the far end as far as youngest goes, his birthday is a month shy of the cut-off (march 1st). We also have to work on some things before the end of the summer, his shapes is one! He recognizes all the letters of the alphabet and can spell his name really well, and he counts to 12, he has known his colors since before he could talk, it was one of the first things I ever taught him, so I think he is pretty good as far as intellect goes, I think!? I hope!
On another note, Sue came over for another playdate today with Sabrina & Brooklyn (above in picture). It is nice to have people visit, I am stuck here with my job, and play dates are a nice change of pace for ALL the kids and me! Logan has a baby love thing going on right now. Whenever he sees one he gets all goofy and wants to pick them up. He wanted to hold Brooklyn so much, they were so cute together. He will be a good Big Brother one day I'm sure. Thanks Sue, Sabrina & Brooklyn for visiting, and the donuts too, the kids loved that treat!
4 comments:
Logan loos so cute in his rapper hat!
My mom felt the same way about putting me in school. I started play school when I was 2 1/2 and then Kindergarden at 4. I was always the youngest in my classes! Haha.
If you dont feel ready to put him in then you should trust your momma instinct!
P.s My mom saw the pictures of the kitchen and LOVES it, and would like to thank you for mentioning her. AND would also like you to call her when you get a chance.
toque or tuque :o)
Ah... Kindergarten woes. I'm glad that I won't have to deal with that, since Connor's bday is September we have no choice.
You could always try it. I think he's got the intellect for kindergarten and emotionally i think it's more the parents that aren't ready than the kids... I know a few parents including myself that felt that way leaving their kid in child care. I bet Jonah will love Kindergarten. If it doesn't work, then pull him and wait another year.
Are you going to Fulton Place?
Yes, Jonah will be going to Fulton Place. I'm pretty happy they have the LOGOS program there! Logan won't have the choice either with his August birthday, just like Connor, he'll be 5 when he starts. I don't want to give my 1st born to the world yet, it will be emotional for me but exciting for us both too! I want him to be mature enough though to handle what the 'older' kids send his way!
Post a Comment