Thursday, September 13, 2007

FEELING WIERD



Just now, our neighbour from across the street called and asked if Jonah could come over and play with their daughter who is 2 days older than him. So he has gone across the street to their house to play for about an hour, but it feels weird. I didn't want him to go, selfishly because I love his company! Having him here, being a part of my job is just the way it is, he calls the kids OUR DAYHOME KIDS! He's my mini boss, I love it, he helps tell all the kids it's time for lunch and snacks and helps me get them all down for their naps!
I am spoiled I know, I do work from home and am able to look after my boys until they go to school, which is priceless. I have to always remember this when my job doesn't have the perks of other jobs outside the home.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I can understand that feeling of being selfish with our kids. Not because Kassidy goes to play with friends without me, but because I think about the future a lot, how she won't be as interested in doing things with me (sooner than later!) and so I need to treasure every moment I can selfishly steal with her now.

RainbowBrite said...

It is ok to feel that way because I promise you that you will eventually be like "Don't you have a friend's house that you can go play at?" :P

Tammy Williams said...

He's growing up fast isn't he. I can't imagine what it will be like when Maya wants to go across the street to "play." Man - I would be lost without my baby girl!