
I am 16 weeks now and had another doctor visit yesterday, all my tests I had done before I went to New York came back all good! Today I am going for the maternal serum screen, I opted out with my first 2 and not that I am getting too old that it would be a risk, I figured I would just do it this time as I am older than I was with my first two and it is my 3rd, all it is is a blood test and if it comes back positive then I go get an amniocentesis. I don't think it will be positive, but you never know. An amnio is done with a needle into your belly to get out amniotic fluid which tests for down syndrome and spina bifida. It is mandatory if you are over 35 but I am not anywhere near that yet! I will be done having my kids and I'll be 28, so no having kids in my 30's, not that it is bad, just that it is good for me with having Multiple Sclerosis, while I am still younger and more energetic and quite healthy at this moment in my life.
I got to hear the heartbeat again yesterday, the baby was very relaxed while I was at my appointment and had a nice slow heartbeat 130bpm, my boys were always so high, 150's, but this baby is more active in the evening, so it's heartbeat would be higher then! I have been feeling slight movements, nothing big yet of course, just those bubble ripples.
In 2 weeks I will be having my ultrasound, I can't wait to see the baby then.
Till next time, here are some pictures Uncle Brett took of the boys while they were staying at my parents when keith & I were in New York.
I got to hear the heartbeat again yesterday, the baby was very relaxed while I was at my appointment and had a nice slow heartbeat 130bpm, my boys were always so high, 150's, but this baby is more active in the evening, so it's heartbeat would be higher then! I have been feeling slight movements, nothing big yet of course, just those bubble ripples.
In 2 weeks I will be having my ultrasound, I can't wait to see the baby then.
Till next time, here are some pictures Uncle Brett took of the boys while they were staying at my parents when keith & I were in New York.





3 comments:
If it does come back positive give me a call. I've been through the scare of it all and the amnio. It always helps to talk to somebody.
Those pictures of the boys are amazing! Good job Brett!
I absolutely love that first picture of your boys!!
Post a Comment