Well, I am 15 weeks pregnant already. I am almost half way there. Not much to say I guess, but I had my 3rd appointment yesterday, Jonah came with me as he had his 2 year checkup at the same time. I heard the heartbeat again, it was 156. For those of you who don't know, a baby's heartbeat is usually between 120-160. There is a wives tale that says if it's higher it's a girl and lower it's a boy, but because it's a wives tale it isn't true. Jonah's heartbeat was always between 150-160 until the last month where it was in the 130's. So based on the wive's tale, he should have been a girl throughout most of the pregnancy. My doctor says it it usually higher in the first/second trimester and slows down near the end regardless of boy/girl.
So this update was quite exciting I know, all you get is a heartbeat, woohoo! My next appointment is in about 3 weeks for my ultrasound! I have requested to also get the 3D one done at the same time, I am quite excited as we didn't know about 3D with Jonah, we only got the black and white 2D picture of him. We will have to be careful because with the 3D one you can see the sex for sure. I am torn about finding out, we will see what happens at the appointment. I know the excitement of waiting until the birth, Keith watched them pull him out and he got to tell me first before the doctor so that was pretty cool! And then I will have my 4th appointment one week after my ultrasound to get the results. March will be an exciting month as we will have the ultrasound done, I will make it past half-way and I will feel the baby moving for sure. I have been feeling flutters occasionally, right after I drink or eat, I recognize those feelings from before, and how Jonah would often move a lot after I'd eat or drink as it would give him a boost of energy!
Until next time. preggers 15 weeks 175 days to go
2 comments:
I have heard that old wive's tale too and I just don't think it's true. I mean, the heartbeat is going to fluctuate so much between now and the birthing day. I just have a feeling we're having a boy, but then again - it's just a feeling. We are going to wait and find out at the very end. Hearing the heartbeat and seeing the baby move for the first time is so amazing though!
There are lots of old wives tales and they just aren't true. It's fun to speculate though. I am so happy that we having another girl. This pregnancy is flying by so quickly. Wishing you lots of "girl" dust for the ultrasound. :) BUT even if it's a boy it will be awesome. A healthy baby is the most important thing. Jonah will be a good big brother to whoever it is!
Post a Comment